Name: : Dr. Mohammad Oves
Current Position: Assistant Professor
Marital status: Single
Center of Excellence in Environmental Studies,
King Abdul Aziz University, Jeddah
P.O Box: 80216, Jeddah 21589, KSA.
House No.: 421, Village Gurer, District Moradabad,
Uttar Pradesh, India.
Pin No.: 244301,
Mobile No.: +919045012735 & +919084362149
- Detection of waste water and soil functional microbial diversity for bioremediation of organic compounds
- Green synthesis and characterization of nanomaterials for antimicrobial activity and anticancer activity
- Newly synthesized chemical compounds antimicrobial activities and application in drugs development
- Testing of plant growth enhancing properties of microbes for crop improvement
- Oil spills degrading bacteria and fungi from marine samples
- Bioremediation and phytoremediation emerging technology
- Heavy metals toxicity in plants and microbes
- PhD: Microbiology, Aligarh Muslim University, Uttar Pradesh, India. 2008-2013.
- Master of Science: Microbiology, Aligarh Muslim University, Uttar Pradesh, India. 2004-2006.
- Bachelor of Science: Chemistry (Hons.), Aligarh Muslim University, Uttar Pradesh, India. 2000-2003.
Research titles and experience
- Senior Research Fellow (2014): FP-7, European Union Funded International Project, Safeguarding Water Resources in India with Green and Sustainable Technologies (SWINGS).
- Senior Research Fellow (2012-2013): Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) India, Biofabrication of Nanomaterials for Antimicrobial and Anticancer Activities.
- PhD: Studies on microbes associated bioremediation and phytotoxicity of heavy metals to certain legume crops.
- Master: Phosphate solubilising microbial diversity in rhizospheric soil
- Association of Microbiology of India (Membership # 3438-2012- Life Time)
- American Society of Microbiology (Membership #56478670)
- International forum of Infection and Immunity of Awaji, Japan
- Material research society Japan
- Isolation and biochemical and molecular characterization of bacteria and fungi
- Estimation and characterization of secondary metabolites from microbes
- Maintenance and culturing of cancerous cell lines
- Screening of antibiotic and heavy metal resistance bacteria
- Utilization of microbial biomass for bioremediation purposes
- PGP trait bacterial utilize for biofertilizer preparation
- Heavy metal toxicity in detection in legume plants
- Chlorophyll content, legheamoglobin, antioxdent enzyme and proline content detection
- BLAST (Protein & DNA), Clustal W, Expasy, MEGA4, Phylogenetic tree analysis
- Hands on experience in Microscopy, SEM, EDX, FTIR, UV-VIS, PCR and Lyophilizer
- Statically analysis of data
- Plos one
- International Journal of Nanomedicine (Dove press)
- Journal of Hazardous material (Elsevier)
- Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety (Elsevier)
- Environmental Science and Pollution Research (Springer)
- International Journal of Environmental Science and Technology (Springer)
- World Journal of Microbiology and biotechnology (Springer)
- Saudi Journal of chemical Society (Elsevier)
- Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces (Elsevier)
Short term Course and Training workshop
- International Workshop on Sustainable Technology for Wastewater Management within SWINGS Research Project, organized by Department of Civil Engineering, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh (5-6 June 2014).
- International Workshop on SME Bridging and Entrepreneurship Development for Eco-India Project organized by school of water Resources Engineering, Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India (8-11 May 2014).
- Biomedical Engineering & its Recent Trends (BERT-2014) workshop organized by Zakir Hussain College of Engineering & Technology, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh (Under TEQIP-II).
- Short term course on “Plant Tissue Culture and Molecular Biology” organized by Department of Botany associated with UGC Acadmic Staff College, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh (Jan. 2013).
- Bacteriology training workshop International Forum of Infection and Immunity, Awaji Japan (2013).
- Bacteriology training workshop International Forum of Infection and Immunity, Awaji Japan (2012)
- Short term course on “Technology based Entrepreneurship Development Programme” organised by National Small industries Corporation LDT. (NSIC), A Government of India Enterprise, Technical Service Centre, A-1, Industrial Estate, Aligarh-202001 (March 2013).
- National Workshop on “Minimization of Environmental Impact of Slaughter house Waste by Value Addition as Pet Foods” organised by Department of Post Harvest Engineering & Technology, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh (Jan 2013)
- Attend “Pedagogy 2.0 Open University Coaching & Guidance Workshop” organised by Coaching and guidance centre associated with M. Habib Hall AMU Aligarh (24-26 Feb. 2012)
- Attend “Workshop on Real Time PCR” organised by Roche associated with Jamia Hamdard New Delhi (26-27 Dec. 2007)
- Attended two day Workshop on FACS by BD Biosciences, India at Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh (2-3 Jan. 2008.
International travel grant award
Department of Science and Technology (New Delhi, India) for Japan (2011), Council of Science and Industrial Research (New Delhi, India) for Japan (2011), International forum of Infection and Immunity, Awaji Japan (2012 & 2013)
Lambert Academic Publishing GmbH & Co. KG, Germany, Title: Phosphate Solubilizing Microbes: Functional Aspects (US $91.70) ISBN 3845400641
- Gulfishan M, Bhat TA, Oves M (2015), In: Mutants as a Genetic Resource for Future Crop Improvement, Jameel M. Al-Khayri (Editor), In Press Springer (Accepted)
- Oves M, Khan MS, Zaidi A, Ahmad E (2012) Soil Contamination, Nutritive Value and Human Health Risk Assessment of Heavy Metals: An Overview. In: Toxicity of Heavy Metals to Legumes and Bioremediation. Zaidi A, Wani PA, Khan MS (Editors), Springer-Verlag/Wien. pp. 1-28.
- Oves M, Zaidi A, Khan M S (2010) Role of metal tolerant microbes in legume improvement. In: Microbes for Legume Improvement, Khan MS, Zaidi A, Musarrat J (Editors), Springer, pp 337-352.
- Oves M, Zaidi A, Khan MS, Ahemad M (2009) Variation in plant growth promoting activities of phosphate-solubilizing microbes and factors affecting their colonization and solubilizing efficiency in different agro-ecosystems; In: Phosphate solubilizing microbes for crop improvement, Khan MS, Zaidi A (Editors), Nova Science Publishers, Inc., New York, USA, pp. 247-263, ISBN 978-1-60876-112-8. Pp. 247-263.
- Zaidi A, Oves M, Ahmad E, Khan MS (2011) Importance of free living fungi in heavy metal remediation. In: Biomanagement of Metal Contaminated Soil. Khan MS, Zaidi A, Goel R, Musarrat J (Editors), Springer The Netherlands, pp. 479-494.
- Zaidi A, Ahemad M, Oves M, Ahmad E, Khan MS (2010) Role of Phosphate-Solubilizing Bacteria in Legume Improvement; In: Microbes for Legume Improvement, Khan MS, Zaidi A, Musarrat J (Editors), Springer, pp 273-292.
- Khan MS, Ahmad E, Zaidi A, Oves M (2013) Functional aspect of phosphate-solubilizing bacteria: Importance in crop production. In: Bacteria in agrobiology: Crop productivity, Maheshwari DK, Meenu S, Abhinuv A (Editors), Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg, DOI 10.1007/978-3-642-37241-4_10 .
- Ees Ahmad, Zaidi A, Khan MS, Oves M (2012) Heavy Metal Toxicity to Symbiotic Nitrogen-Fixing Microorganism and Host Legumes. In: Toxicity of Heavy Metals to Legumes and Bioremediation. Zaidi A, Wani PA, Khan MS (Editors), Springer-Verlag/Wien. pp. 29-44.
- Khan MS, Zaidi A, Wani PA, Oves M (2010) Role of Plant Growth Promoting Rhizobacteria in the Remediation of Metal Contaminated Soils: A Review. In: Lichtfouse E (Editor) Organic Farming, Pest Control and Remediation of Soil Pollutants, Sustainable Agriculture Reviews, 1, 319-350, ISBN 978-1-4020-9653-2 (Print) 978-1-4020-9654-9, Springer Netherlands.
- Khan MS, Zaidi A, Wani PA, Ahemad M, Oves M (2009) Functional Diversity Among Plant Growth-Promoting Rhizobacteria: Current Status. In: Microbial Strategies for Crop Improvement, Khan MS, Zaidi A, Musarrat J (Editors), Springer Berlin Heidelberg, pp. 105-132.
- Zaidi A, Khan MS, Wani PA, Ahemad M, Oves M (2009) Recent Advances in Plant Growth Promotion by Phosphate-Solubilizing Microbes: In: Microbial Strategies for Crop Improvement, Khan MS, Zaidi A, Musarrat J (Editors), Springer Berlin Heidelberg, pp. 23-50.
- Ahemad M, Zaidi A, Khan MS, Oves M (2009) Factors Affecting the Variation of Microbial Communities in Different Agro-Ecosystems: In: Microbial Strategies for Crop Improvement, Khan MS, Zaidi A, Musarrat J (Editors), Springer Berlin Heidelberg, pp. 301-324.
- Ahemad M, Zaidi A, Khan MS, Oves M (2009) Biological Importance of Phosphorus and Phosphate Solubilizing Microbes; In: Phosphate solubilizing microbes for crop improvement, Khan MS, Zaidi A (Editors), Nova Science Publishers, Inc., New York, USA, pp. 1-14, ISBN 978-1-60876-112-8. Pp. 1-14.
- Zaidi A, Khan MS, Oves M, Ahemad M (2009) Strategies for development of microphos and mechanisms of phosphate solubilization.In: Phosphate solubilizing microbes for crop improvement, Khan MS, Zaidi A (Editors), Nova Science Publishers, Inc., New York, USA, pp. 229-245, ISBN 978-1-60876-112-8. Pp. 229-245.
- Khan MS, Zaidi A, Oves M, Wani PA (2008) Heavy Metal Toxicity to Legumes. In Heavy Metal Pollution, Samuel E. Brown and William C Welton (eds.) Nova Science Publishers, Inc, New York, USA, pp. 197-225, ISBN: 978-1-60456-899-8.
- Oves M, Arshad M, Khan MS, Ahmed AS, Azam A, Ismail IMI (2015), Anti-microbial activity of cobalt doped zinc oxide nanoparticles: Targeting water borne bacteria. Saudi Journal of chemical science (Accepted)
- Khan MS, Tabrez S, Rabbani N, Oves M, Shah A, Alsenaidy MA, Al-Senaidy, AM (2015), Physico-Chemical Stress Induced Amyloid Formation in Insulin: Amyloid Characterization, Cytotoxicity Analysis against Human Neuroblastoma Cell Lines and Its Prevention Using Black Seeds (Nigella sativa). Chin J Integr Med. (Accepted)
- Oves M, Khan MS, Zaidi A, Ahmad E, Ahmed AS, Ahmed F, Sherwani A, Owais M, Azam A (2013), Antibacterial and Cytotoxic Efficacy of Extracellular Silver Nanoparticles Biofabricated from Chromium Reducing Novel OS4 Strain of Stenotrophomonas maltophilia PLoS ONE 8(3): e59140.
- Al-Resayes S I, Khan A A, Trzesowska-Kruszynska A, Kruszynski R, Oves M (2014) Synthesis, Physico-Chemical and Antimicrobial Studies of Ionic Liquid, Asian Journal of Chemistry.26(3):887-890
- Bushra R, Shahadat M, Ahmad A, Nabi SA, Umar K, Raeissi AS, Oves M, Muneer M (2014) Synthesis, characterization, antimicrobial activity and applications of polyanilineTi(IV)arsenophosphate adsorbent for the analysis of organic and inorganic pollutants. Journal of Hazardous Materials, 264 (1), 481-489.
- Oves M, Khan MS, Zaidi A, Ahmed AS, Azam A (2014) production of plant-growth promoting substances by nodule forming symbiotic bacterium rhizobium sp. OS1 is influenced by CuO, ZnO and Fe2O3 nanoparticles. IIOABJ, 3: 15-30.
- Oves M, Khan MS, Zaidi A (2013), Chromium reducing and plant growth promoting novel strain Pseudomonas aeruginosa OSG41 enhance chickpea growth in chromium contaminated soils. European Journal of Soil Biology 56:72-83.
- Oves M, Khan MS, Zaidi A (2013) Biosorption of heavy metals by Bacillus thuringiensis strain OSM29 originating from industrial effluent contaminated north Indian soil. Saudi Journal of Biological Science 20:121-129.
- Plant Biofortification: A potential target to cope the iodine deficiency disorders in Pakistan, 2014 (Submitted to HEC, NRPU program, PKR, 7.1 million).
- Azam M, Warad I, Al-Resayes SI, Siddiqui MR, Oves M (2013) Synthesis, Physico-chemical studies and in vitro antibacterial screening of Pd(II) complexes derived from thiosemicarbazone. Chemistry & Biodiversity 10: 1109-1119.
- Azam A, Ahmad AS, Oves M, Khan MS, Memic A (2012) Size-dependent antimicrobial properties of CuO nanoparticles against Gram-positive and -negative bacterial strains. International Journal of Nanomedicine 7: 1–9.
- Azam A, Ahmed AS, Oves M, Khan MS, Habib SS, Memic A (2012 ) Antimicrobial activity of metal oxide nanoparticles against Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria: a comparative study. International Journal of Nanomedicine 7: 6003-6009.
- Nabi SA, Shahadat M, Bushra R, Oves M, Ahmed F (2011) Synthesis and Characterization of PolyanilineZr(IV)sulphosalicylate composite and its applications (1) electrical conductivity, (2) and antimicrobial activity studies. Chemical Engineering Journal, 173: 706–714.
- Husain A, Nami SAA, Singh SP, Oves M, Siddiqi KS (2011) Anagostic interactions, revisiting the crystal structure of nickel dithiocarbamate complex and its antibacterial and antifungal studies. Polyhedron 30: 33-40.
- Khan IM, Ahmad A, Oves M (2010) Synthesis, characterization, spectrophotometric, structural and antimicrobial studies of the newly charge transfer complex of p- henylenediamine with π-acceptor picric acid. Spectrochimica Acta Part A: Molecular and Biomolecular Spectroscopy 77: 1059–1064.
- Zaidi A, Khan MS, Ahemad M, Oves M (2009) Plant growth promotion by phosphate solubilizing bacteria. Acta Microbiologica et Immunologica Hungarica 56:263-284.
- Khan MS, Zaidi A, Ahemad M, Oves M, Wani PA (2010) Plant growth promotion by phosphate solubilizing fungi– current perspective. Archives of Agronomy and Soil Science 56:73 – 98.
- Khan MS, Zaidi A, Wani PA, Oves M (2009) Role of plant growth promoting rhizobacteria in the remediation of metal contaminated soils. Environmental Chemistry Letter 7:1–19
- Oves M, Khan MS, Ameer A (2013) Chromium reduction and antimicrobial activity of silver nanoparticles synthesized from novel OS4 strain of S. maltophilia. In: International Conference on Chemistry Frontiers and Challenges, Organised by Department of Chemistry, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, India, Under UGC-SAP(DRS-1).
- Oves M, Ahmad E, Zaidi A, Khan MS (2012) Bio-control of phytopathogenic fungus infection in chickpea by bacterial strain Pseudomonas aeruginosa OS 41. AIFII (Awaji, International Forum of Infection and Immunity, Awaji Japan)
- Oves M, Khan MS, Arshad M, Azam A (2011) Biofabrication of silver nanoparticles from S. maltophilia strain OS4 and its antimicrobial activity against MRSA. D-P-11M, Pp. 21, International Conference Advance materials research Breakthrough to Ecoinnovation III. 21st Academic symposium of MRS Yokohama, Japan.
- Oves M, Khan MS, Ahmad AS (2011) Biofabrication of silver nanoparticles by using legume plant leaves extract and their toxicity against bacteria, 14PN-95, pp.296. International Conference on surface science –Toward Nano-, Bio-, and Green Innovation. December 11-15-2011, Tower Hall Funabori, Tokyo, Japan. (http://www.sssj-org/isss-6.).
- Oves M, Khan MS, Ahmad E, Zaidi A (2011). Isolation and 16S rRNA gene sequence characterization of chromium reducing strain OS4. International Interdisciplinary Science Conference, published in J Nat Sc Biol Med (2012). Organized by JMI, New Delhi.
- Oves M, Khan MS (2011) Copper induced proline accumulation and antioxidant enzyme synthesis by cicer arietinum grown in copper treated soil. International Conference on Microbial Biotechnology for Sustainable Development, 52nd Annual conference of association of microbiologist of India (AMI) organized by Punjab Univ. Chandigarh, Nov. 3-6, 2011.
- Oves M and Khan MS (2009) Alteration in growth and peroxidase activity by heavy metals in chickpea plant In: Souvenir cum abstract book, International SFRR Satellite Symposium. Department of Biochemistry, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh (March 17-18).
- Oves M, Khan MS, Zaidi A, Wani PA, Ahmad M, Ahmad E (2008) “Fungi is more efficient Inoganic Phosphate solubilizers than Bacteria at different temperature”. 49th Annual conference of Association of Microbiologist of India held at New Delhi from 18-20 Nov.
- National Symposium on Advances in Clinical Biochemistry– Biomarkers, Molecular Diagnosis and Quality Assurances and 1st U.P. Chapter of Association of Clinical Biochemists of India, Nov. 15-16th, 2008 (UPACBICON).
- International Symposium on the Predictive, Preventive and Mechanistic Mutagenesis & XXXIII EMSI Annual Meeting,1-3 January, 2008 Aligarh Muslim University, India
- Participate in International Interdisciplinary Science Conference on Bioinformatics: An Interface between Computer Science and Biology, Organised by CIRBSc Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi (15-17 Nov. 2011).
Accession Number of Bacteria in Public domain of NCBI and EMBL
HE663761, HE681417, HE681418, HE681419, HE681416, HE681420, HE681421, HE681422, HM222648, HM222647, HM222646, JN247639, JN247638, JN247637, LN827663, LN827664, LN827665, LN827666, LN827667, LN827668, LN827669, LN827670, LN827671, LN827672, LN827673, LN827674, LN827675, LN827676, LN827677, LN827678, LN827679, LN827680, LN827681, LN827682, LN827683, LN827684, LN827685, LN827686, LN827687, LN827688, LN827689
Dr. Ameer Azam (Professor), Centre of Excellence in Materials Science, Department of Applied Physics, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, India 202002,
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Nadeem Khalil (Associate Professor), Department of Civil Engineering, Z. H. College of Engineering and Technology, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, India 202002,
Dr. Mohammad Saghir Khan (Professor), Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Agricultural Sciences, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, India 202002,
Dr. Qayyum Husain ( Professor), Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Life Science, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, India 202002,
Dr. Gulam Jeelani (Scientist), Department of Parasitology, National Institute of Infectious Diseases 1-23-1 Toyama, Sinjuku-ku, Tokyo162-8640 JAPAN, Phone No.:+81352851111 Ext. 2600, E mail;